Cloud Forest is that other "recording in the works"
spoken of in the description of Barn Owls Live on this same page. Most of this work is
studio recordings we've done over the last several years, but we've thrown in a few live
tracks from our 2004 concert, as well, after realizing they'd fit nicely in the mix. Collectively,
it's a superb tribute to the tunesmiths in the band, with the title track being penned by Mike Bell.
Barn Owls Live
Barn Owls Live came out of a spur of the
moment decision on Jon's part to record our second Spring Concert at
the Ames City Auditorium in 2003. After listening to the rough mix, we
all realized there was wonderful energy and some decent music there,
too. So, even though we had another recording in the works, Jon went
about editing and producing the live takes into our second CD.
Dance Owl Night
Dance Owl Night was our first recording
effort. Recorded over a period of about a year, we finally released it
in November, 2000, just as one of our fiddle players, Keith Fletcher,
moved away. This recording, the tenacity of our new fiddler at the
time, Jason Huntley, and efforts of the associate producer, Linda
Fahey, were what helped us share the stage at C.Y. Stephens Auditorium
when the Prairie Home Companion show came to town on February 23, 2002.
This CD is still selling and a favorite of many.
The Green Man Review
A Prairie Home Companion
- Speed the Plow / Cold Frosty Morning / Salt Creek (~4600k mp3)
- Single-Footin' Horse / Lady Be Good / Spootiskerry / Kiowa Special
- Jubilo / Road to Boston / Trip to the River
- Sugar Hill
- In the Rain
- First Tomato / Bill Sullivan's (~3400k mp3)
- Lad O'Beirne / Robin's Bodhrann / Calliope House
- Miss Grace Hays' Delight / Rakes of Clonmel / Fair Jenny
- Sunday River Waltz
- Set de la Baie St. Paul / Eddie's Reel / St. Anne's Reel
- Wreck of the Athens Queen / Reel St. Antoine
- Grand Chaine / Bay of Fundy / Joys of Quebec
- In the Rain / Over the Waterfall / Dancing Bear (~5200k mp3)
- Stoney Point / Pretty Little Dog / Green Willis
- Unquowa Road / Liza Jane / Georgia Railroad
- Valse des Petites Jeunes Filles (Waltz of the Little Girls)